You must screen your child for symptoms every day before they come to school.
Please use the Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 self-assessment tool for this purpose.
If your child has any symptoms of COVID-19 or if they are ill, they should not attend school. If your child comes to school with any of the symptoms on the list below, they will not be admitted to class and you will need to come and pick up your child and any sibling(s) as soon as possible. This is a Board policy.
Parents/guardians are not permitted to enter the school. Your child(ren) will be brought to the front door.
These symptoms identified by the Ministry of Health include;
- Fever (feeling hot to the touch, a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius/100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher)
- Cough that’s new or worsening (continuous, more than usual)
- Barking cough, making a whistling noise when breathing (croup)
- Shortness of breath (out of breath, unable to breathe deeply)
- Sore throat (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions)
- Difficulty swallowing
- Runny nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions)
- Stuffy or congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions)
- Lost sense of taste or smell
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Headache that’s unusual or long lasting
- Digestive issues like nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain (not related to other known causes or conditions)
- Muscle aches that are unusual or long lasting
- Extreme tiredness that is unusual (fatigue, lack of energy)
- Falling down often
- For young children and infants: sluggishness or lack of appetite
You should report your child(ren)’s absence from school by calling us at 519-743-4401. Students who become ill during the day will be isolated and must be picked up from school as soon as possible, along with any sibling(s). Please answer phone calls from the school, as we may be asking you to pick up your child(ren) as soon as possible. Symptomatic students will not be able to use student transportation.
Thanks very much for your cooperation and understanding. The safety and security of our school is a collective responsibility.