Monthly Theme: Wellness
Twitter: follow us @wcdsbStPaul to get the latest news and celebrate our #PantherPride!
Web Page: Please continue to refer to our webpage for information and updates at https://stpaul.wcdsb.ca
We have had another busy startup at St Paul. Once again we have added a class – this year it is a grade 4 class. This addition has allowed us to have fewer combined classes. Many students will also be in smaller classes now as well. I would like to welcome Ms. Olivia MacLellan as our grade 4 teacher. Ms. MacLellan will be teaching the class until a permanent teacher can be hired.
Our renovations to the Kindergarten play area continue. We will be adding painted games to the blacktop area soon, although the students clearly loved using chalk to create their own games!
- Please ensure your child is packed with two nutritious snacks and one nutritious lunch each day. Also, pack a reusable water bottle that is labeled with the student’s name on it.
- The first Pizza Day will take place on Wednesday, September 12th, 2018. Pizza Lunches can be paid by Cash Online.
- Please ensure your child comes to school with well labeled, indoor and outdoor shoes. The indoor shoes will always remain at the school.
- If your child is ever going to be absent or late please remember to call St. Paul BEFORE 8:15 am. 519-743-4401.
- For parents/guardians dropping off their child in a vehicle, please be cautious when driving as students are excited and may not be as aware of traffic. A reminder that the area along the sidewalk (by the portables) is a no parking zone – this is for QUICK drop-offs only. If you wish to walk your child to the blacktop you must park on the street or in one of the clearly marked, designated parking spots.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
Please join us on September 25, 2018, from 5:00 – 7:00 for our Pizza and Meet the Teacher Night. We will be selling pizza and water on the blacktop for $1 each.
On October 4th we will be hosting a parent workshop with Dr. Jen Forristal, founder of The Umbrella Project. Our school will be participating in the Umbrella Project this year with the goal of improving student wellness. Each month students will learn about and develop a different Umbrella Skill. For more information please see below:
Wellbeing is a skill, in fact, we now recognize it is a collection of skills that can be taught to children and adults alike. It isn’t just autonomy, grit or mindfulness, each skill forms a piece of an umbrella of wellbeing that protects us from the rain of life, helps us find meaning in our experiences, and is highly predictive of future success. The umbrella skills are inspirational and identifying them in action is a powerful tool in teaching children how to use them.
The Umbrella Project is an interactive, inquiry-based project teaching the skills of emotional wellbeing. Through classroom lessons and observation of the world around them, students will learn real-life applications of each umbrella skill and gain deeper insight into why these skills are essential. The umbrella project highlights the synergy between all of the aforementioned skills, which creates the strongest umbrella of wellbeing. By semester end, the students will create a bank of powerful and inspiring stories of emotional well-being that they can reflect on for years to come. (http://www.umbrellaproject.co)
PIZZA ORDERS THROUGH CASH ONLINE
When ordering Pizza for your child, please ensure that you are ordering for the proper day/ week.
The week that you are ordering for is in the title of the item. You must order each pizza day separately according to the date in the title of the item. For those who have ordered in advance, please check your receipts to ensure you have ordered for each week separately.
Are you looking for a meaningful way to get involved in your child’s school? School Council works with the St Paul staff to improve student learning. Please join us on September 20th at 6:30 for our first School Council meeting of the year.
Here’s what is happening at St Paul CES this Week:
- All JK and SK students attend
- Last day to order Pizza
- Spirit Wear Day – Wear your School Spirit Wear!
- Pizza lunch for those who ordered through Cash Online
- Umbrella Assembly