Monthly Theme: Wellness
Twitter: follow us @wcdsbStPaul to get the latest news and celebrate our #PantherPride!
Web Page: Please continue to refer to our webpage for information and updates at https://stpaul.wcdsb.ca
Welcome back to another great year at St Paul. We are looking forward to a fantastic year of learning and continuing to grow together. As with our last two year, St Paul continues to grow as a vibrant learning community – our enrolment to begin the school year is 357 students!
I am pleased to introduce our Staff for the upcoming year:
JK/SK – Mrs. Ambeau, Mrs. Elash, and Ms. Tavares
ECE instructors – Mrs. Grygorashyk, Ms. MacLelland, Mrs. Robinson, Ms. Toader, Ms. Pirova
Gr 1 – Ms. Delooze, Ms. Mesojedec
Gr 2 – Mrs. Coelho
Gr 2/3 – Mrs. Mealing
Gr. 3 – Mrs. Aicken
Gr 3/4 – Ms. Dejaegher
Gr 4/5 – Mrs. Walker
Gr. 5/6 – Ms. Sieczkowski
Gr 6 – Mrs. Stott
Gr 7/8 – Mr. Cangiano, Mr. Litschgy
Special Education – Mrs. Kuenzler-Gutknecht
FSL – Mme Laciok
ESL – Ms. Schroeder
Planning Time – Mrs. Boland, Mrs. Ferguson, Mrs. Kim
CYCW – Ms. McGarr
Education Assistants – Ms. Bulyaki, Mrs. Little, Mrs. Macedo, Mrs. Sutherland, Ms. Mogk, Mrs. Szymkowski, Ms. Langstone
Health – Mrs. Borho-Harris, Ms. Nowak
Music – Mr. Maley, Mr. Ciobanu
Librarian – Mrs. MrCrea
Lunch Hour Supervisors – Mrs. Kanbi, Mrs. Jeffrey, Mr. Bernard
Custodians – Mr. Mitchell and Mr. Baumann
Administrative Assistant – Mrs. Pieczewski
Principal – Ms. Santomero
BACK TO SCHOOL REMINDERS
- If you have not logged in to Student Transportation for your child that takes the bus, please do so to ensure your pick up time and drop off time. www.stswr.ca/
- Please ensure your child is packed with two nutritious snacks and one nutritious lunch each day. Also, pack a reusable water bottle that is labeled with the student’s name on it.
- It looks like we will have another hot start to the year with temperatures into the high 30s or low 40s. Please ensure that your children are dressed appropriately for the weather and have cold drinks and fresh fruit to help keep them hydrated. Children should also have hats for outdoor play times.
- Nutrition for Learning will commence on Monday, October 1st, 2018. More information regarding this program will be communicated in September.
- The first Pizza Day will take place on Wednesday, September 12th, 2018. Pizza Lunches can be paid by Cash Online.
- Please ensure your child comes to the first day of school with well labeled, indoor and outdoor shoes. The indoor shoes will always remain at the school.
- Senior Kindergarten students DO NOT COME TO SCHOOL ON TUESDAY. All returning Kindergarten students, who are now Senior Kindergarten students will have their FIRST DAY ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5th, 2018.
- If your child is ever going to be absent or late please remember to call St. Paul BEFORE 8:15 am. 519-743-4401.
- On the first day of school, all students will meet at the back of the school. We will begin with prayer and O’Canada, then teachers will collect their classes and bring them to their classes. The students that have not picked up their first day packages and are not aware of their teacher’s name, will be assisted by staff to locate their teachers.
- For parents/guardians dropping off their child in a vehicle, please be cautious when driving as students are excited and may not be as aware of traffic. A reminder that the area along the sidewalk (by the portables) is a no parking zone – this is for QUICK drop-offs only. If you wish to walk your child to the blacktop you must park on the street or in one of the clearly marked, designated parking spots.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
Please join us on September 25, 2018, from 5:00 – 7:00 for our Pizza and Meet the Teacher Night. We will be selling pizza and water on the blacktop for $1 each.
On October 4th we will be hosting a parent workshop with Dr. Jen Forristal, founder of The Umbrella Project. Our school will be participating in the Umbrella Project this year with the goal of improving student wellness. Each month students will learn about and develop a different Umbrella Skill. For more information please see below:
Wellbeing is a skill, in fact, we now recognize it is a collection of skills that can be taught to children and adults alike. It isn’t just autonomy, grit or mindfulness, each skill forms a piece of an umbrella of wellbeing that protects us from the rain of life, helps us find meaning in our experiences, and is highly predictive of future success. The umbrella skills are inspirational and identifying them in action is a powerful tool in teaching children how to use them.
The Umbrella Project is an interactive, inquiry-based project teaching the skills of emotional wellbeing. Through classroom lessons and observation of the world around them, students will learn real-life applications of each umbrella skill and gain deeper insight into why these skills are essential. The umbrella project highlights the synergy between all of the aforementioned skills, which creates the strongest umbrella of wellbeing. By semester end, the students will create a bank of powerful and inspiring stories of emotional well-being that they can reflect on for years to come. (http://www.umbrellaproject.co)
PIZZA ORDERS THROUGH CASH ONLINE
When ordering Pizza for your child, please ensure that you are ordering for the proper day/ week.
The week that you are ordering for is in the title of the item. You must order each pizza day separately according to the date in the title of the item. For those who have ordered in advance, please check your receipts to ensure you have ordered for each week separately.
Are you looking for a meaningful way to get involved in your child’s school? School Council works with the St Paul staff to improve student learning. Please join us on September 20th at 6:30 for our first School Council meeting of the year.
We will be celebrating our Pather Pride every Wednesday this year, with Spirit Wear Wednesdays. There will be an opportunity to purchase new spirit wear later in the year.
Do you have St Paul Spirit Wear at your home that no longer fits any students at St Paul? If you are able to donate these back to the school, we can help out our families! Please bring any Spiritwear to the Office. Thank you!
Here’s what is happening at St Paul CES this Week:
- Labour Day – no school
- First Day of School – all students in grades 1 – 8 meet on the blacktop at 8:20
- Spirit Wear Day – Wear your School Spirit Wear!
- First Day of school for SK students
We look forward to seeing our students on Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 at 8:20 am.
Enjoy the Labour Day Weekend.