Monthly Theme: RESPONSIBILITY
Twitter: follow us @wcdsbStPaul to get the latest news and celebrate our #PantherPride!
Each year the staff and students help support families in our community who may not have enough for Christmas. It is always an incredible experience to see the amazing donations and incredible generosity displayed by our community. Students are invited to bring in new Toys, Gift Cards (for some older children) or Warm clothes (hats, mitts, neck warmers, etc.) to be donated. This year our Angel tree drive runs from November 27 – Dec 11. All donations are to be brought to the Sacred Space except Gift Cards – please have your child bring these to the Main office. Thank you in advance for all your generosity.
MATH AT HOME
How can you help at home this week?
Students should be practicing number fluency regularly. Practice math facts so they are recalled quickly.
Early Years: Counting to 20 and beyond and number recognition to 20
Primary: Addition and Subtraction math facts (single digits and then double digits with regrouping)
Junior: Multiplication and Division math facts
Intermediate: Flexibility with whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and integers
Prompts to Support Parents:
Talk to your kids about math!! Present problems in real life (especially with money), and use these prompts to have them show their understanding:
-justify, explain or prove their answers
-compare, determine, define, describe, identify, list, predict, summarize
BOOK FAIR A HUGE SUCCESS!
Thank you, St. Paul community, for your tremendous support of the book fair! The Library Learning Commons received $2000.00 in Scholastic Credits from the sales at the fair. These credits will be used for new resources for all to use. Congratulations to Kiera L. and Mr. Cangiano, the winners of the ‘Family Event Draw’.
Here’s what is happening at St Paul CES this Week:
- Last day to order Pizza online
- Angel Tree Toy and Warm Clothes drive begins
- John Howard Society Bullying Prevention Workshops in grade JK – 4/5 classes
- Roots of Empathy Program in Mrs. Esmaili’s class
- Girls Basketball Tournament – at Resurrection in the afternoon
- Spirit Wear Day – Wear your School Spirit Wear!
- Pizza Wednesday!
- Boys Volleyball Tournament – at Holy Rosary in the afternoon
- 6:30 pm Grade 8 Information Night and Open House at Resurrection
- Mad Science Brixology at Lunch for students who signed up
- Spirit Day – Wear your Pajamas or Colour house Colour!
- December Virtues Assembly in the afternoon