Monthly Theme: Grit
Twitter: follow us @wcdsbStPaul to get the latest news and celebrate our #PantherPride!
Web Page: Please continue to refer to our webpage for information and updates at https://stpaul.wcdsb.ca/
“Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
We are once again offering families the opportunity to purchase Panthers Spirit Wear! All orders will be completed online. Please see the link below to shop for your Panther Spirit Wear. All orders are due by December 9th. Information regarding Spiritwear was also sent home on Friday, Nov 23rd.
Christmas Angel Tree – a message from our Social Justice Club
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Guess what time of year it is? It’s Christmas which means St.Paul School will be holding a gift drive. Donations will be accepted for the Angel Tree running from December 3rd to 14th. New for this year – year you can donate online! Just visit school cash online! You can donate toys, gift cards, warm clothes, cash and books and it all goes to children and families in our community! Remember, no donation is too small! Please help our cause and donate today!
Social Justice Club
Nutrition for Learning Fridge
Our Nutrition for Learning team is looking for a second Fridge to help store some of the perishable food items we have to distribute. If you have a CSA approved, Energy Efficient Fridge you no longer need and are able to donate it to St Paul, please contact the school.
Thank you St. Paul community for your generous support of the ‘Enchanted Book Fair’!
Sales were $3793.19 and the school receives 25% of this amount.
This money will be used to provide updated information resources, as well as, replacing some of the well loved books, with newer versions.
Congratulations to Hermela B and Mr. Litschgy. They were the winners of the Family Event Draw.
Our school community’s ‘love of reading’ is once again strengthened by your amazing support of the book fair!
This Friday, November 30th we will be celebrating Mass at St Francis Parish at 9:30. This will serve as our ‘unofficial’ start to the Advent Season. If you are able, please consider joining us.
St Francis Parish
We are very proud of our partnership with St Francis Parish. In order to continue to build on this relationship, each week we will be providing our community with a link to access the Church Bulletin so you may keep yourself apprised of the many events at the Parish.
How to promote GRIT in your child
Be a nudge.
No one wants to be that mom, the one who pushes her child every step of the way. But it’s OK to let your kids know that you expect them to do their best and to create a structure that will help them do it. When Jill Gawrych’s 10-year-old daughter came home from school excited about the number of laps she’d run during gym, mom asked how the other kids did. “That’s when I realized that she ran only about half as many,” says Gawrych. “It turns out that she ran with a friend to keep her company, which is fine, but we ended up talking about how someone else’s best isn’t always yours.”
- Teach It: Simply sharing what the expectations are, like Gawrych did, is the first step. But when your child is learning any new skill, athletic, musical, or otherwise, nudging also means scheduling—and insisting on—practice times. “I haven’t yet heard of a kid who is completely self-winding,” Duckworth says. There’s nothing wrong with setting aside a daily practice time. Your child will probably still whine about it, but if you’re consistent, the complaints should decrease over time, and your child may even begin to appreciate the benefits later on.
Here’s what is happening at St Paul CES this Week:
- Pizza orders due through Cash Online by Midnight
- Intermediate Boys Volleyball tournament at Resurrection in the afternoon
- City Councillor John Gazzola visiting the Gr 4/5 and 5/6 classes
- Pizza Day
- Gr 6 Field Trip
- 6:30 – 8:00 – Grade 8 Information Night at Resurrection
- 9:30 – School Mass at St Francis Parish
- Dance a Thon prize – extra recess in the afternoon
Have a great week Panthers!