IMPORTANT NOTICE – OECTA Strike Cancelled – St. Paul and All Waterloo Catholic DSB Schools Open on Monday February 24
I feel very blessed to be appointed as the Principal of St. Paul. Over the coming weeks, I look forward to getting to know the students, staff and parents/guardians in order to understand how to best serve this great community. Thank you to Carla Santomero for all of the tremendous work she has done in this school and this community. We value all of the wonderful contributions she has made to St. Paul.
Weekly Theme: A Celebration of Diversity (in recognition of Black History month)
Our willingness to accept others who are different from us says a lot about our ability to accept ourselves. When we are able to embrace our differences of opinion, personality, gender, race, or religion we grow together in charity and in peace. All of God’s daughters and sons are wonderful creations of God’s goodness and wisdom. God invites us to look past what is obvious to the truth of who a person is. Each of us longs for affirmation and acceptance, and we are called to extend the same gifts to all those we encounter each day (source: Let’s Begin With A Prayer, Sally Macke).
ST FRANCIS PARISH
We are very proud of our partnership with St Francis Parish. In order to continue to build on this relationship, each week we will be providing our community with a link to access the Church Bulletin so you may keep yourself up to date on the many events at the Parish.
Registration for Kindergarten continues. Please go online to register (https://www.wcdsb.ca/our-schools/register-for-school/) and then call the office to make an appointment to complete your registration (519-743-4401).
Here’s what is happening at St Paul CES this Week:
- Lifetouch Photography will be at St Paul for our Grad pictures (SK and Gr 8) as well as Siblings photos.
- Pizza orders due through Cash Online by Midnight
- Shrove Tuesday celebration
- Junior Achievement in Ms Kowalski’s Class
- Ash Wednesday Liturgy at St. Paul with Fr Tim, 10:15 am
- Pizza Day
- Pink Shirt Day – we encourage everyone at the Waterloo Catholic District School Board to practice kindness and wear pink to school or work to symbolize that you do not tolerate bullying. The focus for 2020 is “lift each other up.”
- Sacrament of First Reconciliation at St Francis, 10:30 – 11:30 am
Have a great week Panthers!