Monthly Theme: Reasoning
Twitter: follow us @wcdsbStPaul to get the latest news and celebrate our #PantherPride!
“Discovery is seeing what everyone else has seen, and thinking what no one else has thought” Unknown
What a great week we had at St Paul!
Classes were engaged in completing our school-wide Math Challenge, we shared friendship and pancakes on our combined Valentine’s Day/ Shrove Tuesday; on Wednesday, Fr. Tim joined us in the gym for our Ash Wednesday Mass; Report Cards were sent home on Thursday and students had the opportunity to share their learning successes with parents and to look forward to ways of improvement for Term 2!
The best part of my job each day is when I get into the classrooms to see your children learning and engaging with their peers and staff in the inquiry process. This week I saw students completing science inquiries involving weights and pulleys, tall structures, and coding; not to mention the many math and literacy lessons involving the Olympics! I look forward to Term 2 and all the amazing learning that will occur in our school. I am grateful to the fantastic St Paul Community – students, staff and parents – together we can achieve incredible things!
Congratulations St Paul! Together we raised $6500!!! Thank you once again to all the families who donated prizes, pledges and their time – without you none of this is possible. School Council has designated these funds to support student learning through purchases such as tablets, Scientists in Schools, new equipment for the Kindergarten play area, flexible classroom seating and many other learning opportunities for our students. Classroom and Individual Winners will be announced on Tuesday morning!
JK/SK REGISTRATION – FEBRUARY 20 – 23, 2018
Attention All Parents of New JK & SK Students! Registration for junior kindergarten (children born in 2014) and new senior kindergarten students (children who have NOT attended JK but were born in 2013) for September 2018 will take place during the week of February 20 – 23, 2018. Please make sure that you have the following documents with you:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Proof of Address (ie. Utility Bill or Driver’s License)
Registration and all other required forms are available on our Board Website (www.wcdsb.ca) under “Register For School”. If you’d like to get a head start, you can print them off and complete them prior to your visit to the school or we will also have the forms available at our office. We look forward to seeing you in February! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the main office at 519-743-4401
If you already have a child at St Paul, please call the Office and we will send home a Registration package for you.
FITGO is coming to our school as part of Healthy Schools Week February 26-March 2, 2018. This exciting challenge is for all elementary schools in the St. Benedict Family of schools and the Resurrection Family of Schools. Each school will be part of a friendly competition where students will have a chance to take part in two ways:
1) Classroom Challenge – classes will work to complete a FITGO card in 5 topic areas for a chance to be named the overall 2018 FITGO Challenge winner in both the St. Benedict and Resurrection Families. The 5 categories include daily physical activity, healthy bodies, healthy eating, healthy minds, and a healthy environment. The winning school in each family will be given a special school-wide prize.
*New* for Intermediate classes this year is the chance to add an extra 5% to their school score by creating a new intermediate card for next year’s competition.
2) School Wide – classes will be able to add to a PHOTO FITGO card by sending photos to their principal which provide examples of activities under each of the 5 categories. The PHOTO FITGO card will give each school a chance to add an extra card to their school total. Schools are encouraged to tweet out pictures under each category using the hashtags #FITGO2018 Plus one of the following:
For additional fun, individual student FITGO cards are available for schools and families to use at any time on the WCDSB’s EcoZone website at FITGO Online
So, let’s join in having some fun, friendly competition within our family of schools and celebrate being a Healthy School!
Please following the following expectations regarding the parking lot – if we are not able to ensure the safety of our students we will have no choice but to close the parking lot to parents/ guardians:
- The speed limit in the parking lot is 5 km/hr
- Park only in designated parking spots – DO NOT Park in front of the garbage bins or in the Maintenance, Child Care or designated handicapped spaces (unless you have a sticker and a person in the car requires support in walking into the school)
- The area in front of the portables and Soccer Field is a NO PARKING zone for everyone, at all times during the day – and is to be used to drop off students and pick them up – drivers are not to leave their cars or be there for more than 2-3 minutes
- If there are no parking spaces available, you will need to park on the street
- Please ensure that snow is cleared off windows, roofs, etc. so you have maximum visibility
Feb 19 – Family Day – no school
Feb 20 – JK Registration begins
Feb 26 – Siblings, SK and Gr 8 grad photos
Feb 26 – March 2 – FITGO Week
March 12 – 16 – March Break
March 30 – Good Friday – no school
April 2 – Easter Monday – no school
April 13 – PD Day – no school
April 17 – Grade 7 Immunizations
April 23 – 27 – CCAT Assessment for Gr 4 students (please ensure your children are here for the entire week)
April 30 – May 4 CAT-4 Assessment for Gr 7 students (please ensure your children are here for the entire week)
May 6 – 11 – Catholic Eeducation Week
May 21 – Victoria Day – No School
May 22 – 25 EQAO Assessment for Gr 3 students (please ensure your children are here for the entire week)
May 28 – May 31 – EQAO Assessment for Gr 6 studentds (please ensure your children are here for the entire week)
June 1 – PD Day – No School
Here’s what is happening at St Paul CES this Week:
- Last day to order Pizza (only through Cash online)
- Family Day – NO SCHOOL
- Parent/ Child Report Card Responses and document envelopes due to Classroom Teacher
- Roots of Empathy Program in Mrs. Esmaili’s class
- Grade 7 students at Laurel Creek
- Spirit Wear Day – Wear your School Spirit Wear!
- Pizza Wednesday
- Grade 3/4 classes at Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery in the morning
- Grade 6 students at Resurrection all day
- Term 2 IEPs go home