Monthly Theme: We Are Resilient
Twitter: follow us @wcdsbStPaul to get the latest news and celebrate our #PantherPride!
SPRING INTO HEALTH!
On May 1st from 6 – 8 pm we will be hosting a family wellness night for students and parents. Come out, get some great lunch options for your kids! There are also some cool door Prizes!
Some of the topics will be:
- Build your own Healthy Lunch – students will work with parents to create and take home their own Bento Box lunch for the next day!
- Sugar Shockers! – Do you know how much sugar is in the drinks you send to school? We will have free water bottles for the first 200 students!
- Get fit together – participate in a family Yoga session
- Learn more about mental wellness for your children and talk with our school Social Worker
- Gather resources about the many community organizations that can support you and your family in your quest for wellness
For details please see Spring Into Health
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION
Congratulations to all our young students who celebrate their First Holy Communion this weekend at St Francis Parish. We are so proud of all of you as you continue your faith journey.
CAT-4 ASSESSMENTS FOR GRADE 7 STUDENTS:
In the period of April 30 – May 4, 2018, all Grade 7 students in the WCDSB will complete the CAT-4 assessment. The CAT-4 is a national standardized achievement test designed to measure achievement in the basic skills commonly taught in schools across Canada.
MULTI-YEAR STRATEGIC PLANNING:
The WCDSB Multi Year Strategic Plan (MYSP) 2015-2018 was approved by the Board of Trustees in December 2015.
We are currently in the process of gathering input to assist both with an updated evaluation of the current MYSP and to help lay the foundation for the creation of our new MYSP. We are inviting all staff, students, parents and community members to complete the MYSP Survey (one per family). Your input is valued and appreciated.
Please take the time to complete the survey by following the link below:
The survey will close this weekend. We want to hear the voice of our WCDSB Community – this is one of the most important surveys we complete.
SUMMER LEARNING PROGRAMS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WCDSB THIS YEAR:
In Grade 7 or 8? Take a Summer Expedition the first 2 weeks of July and love learning again! Note: this is formerly Summer Skills Builder… only better! For more information check it out:
INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE PROGRAMS – JK – GR 8
FUN with Languages in the Summer! 8 Free language programs in July to choose from! For more information follow the link below:
Two days at the end of August (there are two sessions offered)
GET READY FOR HIGH SCHOOL just days before school starts up again!! For more information check out:
HOME/ SCHOOL CONNECTION
April 30 – May 4 – CAT 4 Assessment for students in Grade 7
May 1 – Spring into Health – family Wellness night
May 2 – The NED Show
May 6 – 11 – Catholic Education Week
May 11 – Track and Field (grades 4 – 8)
May 14 – Empower Lacrosse Workshops for students in grades 4 – 8
May 18 – Jump Rope for Heart
May 22 – 25 – EQAO Assessment for students in Gr 3
May 23 – Welcome to Kindergarten evening
May 28 – May 31 – EQAO Assessment for students in Gr 6
June 1 – PD DAY – No School
June 22 – Year End Mass at St Francis Parish
June 22 – Mission Day in the afternoon
June 26 – Grade 8 Graduation
June 29 – Last Day of this school year
Here’s what is happening at St Paul CES this Week:
- Last day to order Pizza (only through Cash online)
- CAT-4 Testing for students in Gr 7 – all week
- Roots of Empathy in Mrs. Esmaili’s Class
- Aicken and Ms Dejaegher’s classes at Laurel Creek
- 6:00 – 8:00 – SPRING INTO HEALTH – Family Fitness Night
- Pizza Wednesday
- The NED Show Assembly in the morning
- Intermediate Badminton Tournament at Resurrection
- Star Wars Spirit Day
- WE Walk for Water Day