Monthly Theme: Being a Responsible Citizen
Twitter: follow us @wcdsbStPaul to get the latest news and celebrate our #PantherPride!
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” —Jane Goodall
SPRING INTO HEALTH!
On May 1st from 6 – 8 pm we will be hosting a family wellness night for students and parents. Come out, get some great lunch options for your kids! There are also some cool door Prizes!
Some of the topics will be:
- Build your own Healthy Lunch – students will work with parents to create their own Bento Box lunch for the next day!
- Sugar Shockers! – Do you know how much sugar is in the drinks you send to school? We will have free water bottles for the first 200 students!
Get fit together – participate in a family Yoga session
- Learn more about mental wellness for your children and talk with our school Social Worker
- Gather resources about the many community organizations that can support you and your family in your quest for wellness
CCAT ASSESSMENTS FOR STUDENTS IN GRADE 4:
In the period of April 23 – 27, 2018, the Canadian Cognitive Abilities Test Level 10 (CCAT 7) will be administered to all grade 4 students in the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.
The purpose of this board-wide screening of the Canadian Cognitive Abilities Test Level 10 (CCAT 7) is to:
- a) Identify each student’s cognitive areas of strength and areas of need
- b) Provide information about each student’s learning style
- c) Provide information to teachers in order to help them meet instructional objectives
MEDICINE AT SCHOOL
For safety reasons, children are prohibited from bringing any form of medication to school without prior approval from the office. This includes all over the counter (Advil, Tylenol, Cold or Allergy medications, etc.) and prescription medications. If medication is determined to be necessary, there is a form that must be filled out by parents/guardians to indicate that the medication must be taken during school hours. The medication must be in the original container and clearly labelled with names (child, parent/guardian, doctor), phone numbers and directions. All medications will be stored in the office and administered by office staff. Parents/guardians are asked to contact the school to address individual student needs in this regard.
The WCDSB Student Medication form is available from the office or on the school board website.
SUMMER LEARNING PROGRAMS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WCDSB THIS YEAR:
In Grade 6, 7 or 8? Take a Summer Expedition the first 2 weeks of July and love learning again! Note: this is formerly Summer Skills Builder… only better! For more information check it out: 2018-Summer Expedition
Students entering High school
Two days at the end of August (there are two sessions offered)
GET READY FOR HIGH SCHOOL just days before school starts up again!! For more information check out: 2018-HeadStart
INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE PROGRAMS – JK – GR 8
FUN with Languages in the Summer! 8 Free language programs in July to choose from! For more information follow the link below:
HOME/ SCHOOL CONNECTION
April 23 – 27 – CCAT Assessments for students in Grade 4
April 30 – May 4 – CAT 4 Assessment for students in Grade 7
May 1 – Spring into Health – family Wellness night
May 2 – The NED Show
May 6 – 11 – Catholic Education Week
May 11 – Track and Field (grades 4 – 8)
May 14 – Empower Lacrosse Workshops for students in grades 4 – 8
May 18 – Jump Rope for Heart
May 22 – 25 – EQAO Assessment for students in Gr 3
May 23 – Welcome to Kindergarten evening
May 28 – May 31 – EQAO Assessment for students in Gr 6
June 1 – PD DAY – No School
June 22 – Year End Mass at St Francis Parish
June 22 – Mission Day in the afternoon
June 26 – Grade 8 Graduation
June 29 – Last Day of this school year
Here’s what is happening at St Paul CES this Week:
- Last day to order Pizza (only through Cash online)
- Roots of Empathy in Mrs. Esmaili’s Class
- Pizza Wednesday
- Spring Walk to School Day
- Colour House Spirit Day – wear your Colour House Colours!
- Coding Quest Arcade for some Grade 6 students
- Mad Science at Lunch begins for students who signed up
- Jump Rope for Heart Assembly