Information for Parents/Guardians
Please know that a 2nd probable case of Covid-19 at St. Paul was identified by Public Health today.
What does this mean for students at the school?
- Public Health is working with the school to identify high-risk student and staff contacts of the confirmed case.
- Parents/Guardians of students who have been identified as high-risk contacts of a confirmed case were given a high-risk contact letter by the school today, with information on dates of exposure, testing information, and the cohort end of isolation date.
- Public Health/Ministry of Ontario will contact the parents/guardians of (high risk contact) students via text and phone, to reinforce specific directions related to the need for the student to self-isolate and get tested
- Students who develop symptoms should continue to self-isolate and get tested at an assessment centre
- Students who have been identified as low-risk contacts of a confirmed case will not be contacted and are not required to self-isolate. These students are able to be at school, provided they are not exhibiting any symptoms.
- Students and families who have been identified as low risk contacts of the case should self-monitor for symptoms
- Any students who develop symptoms should self-isolate and get tested at an assessment centre
- The affected cohort (ie students in the same class, students that the ride the same bus) was dismissed today and will be self-isolating until March 11th.
- We ask ALL parents/guardians to continue to monitor and screen your child(ren) for symptoms of COVID-19 daily.
We will continue to work closely with the Region of Waterloo Public Health to prevent further spread of COVID-19 within our school community.