Monthly Theme: Gratitude
Twitter: follow us @wcdsbStPaul to get the latest news and celebrate our #PantherPride!
Web Page: Please continue to refer to our webpage for information and updates at https://stpaul.wcdsb.ca
“In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
The Book Fair is returning to St Paul. This is an opportunity to purchase reading materials for home while supporting the school Library.
New Math Curriculum
The new government released a new curriculum in math titled “The Fundamentals in Math.” They have released a teachers and parent fact sheet to introduce the new curriculum. The link is below:
Outdoor Recesses/ Clothes
As we have moved into cooler weather please ensure your children are dressed for the weather, our recesses are anywhere from 15 – 40 minutes in length in which children are outside playing. The children will be going outside if it is lightly raining or misty – please ensure they have appropriate clothes (warm rain jackets, coats with hoods, boots, hats and mitts) for these days. It is a great idea to ensure your kids have an extra pair of socks, pants, etc in their backpacks in case they get wet and need to change.
You can follow the Umbrella Project on social media for additional tips, resources and information. Find all the details here: http://www.umbrellaproject.co/parent-resources/
In November we will be focusing on adding to our Umbrella Skills by focusing on GRIT.
October Food Drive
This is our last week for our Fall Food Drive – please be generous in supporting the families in need in our community
Dance a thon
Halloween Dance-a-thon is here! Thank you to all the families who have supported us so far with prizes and pledges. If you are still interested in helping out we could use prizes for older students (grades 6-8) and volunteers on Wednesday morning to help with the raffles in the library.
On Wednesday, October 31st students are invited to dress up for our Halloween Dance. While we want students to have fun dressing up, the following guidelines will help in choosing an appropriate costume for school (which may be different than the one you choose for Trick or Treating)
- If possible, send your child in an old or spare costume in the event that it becomes damaged. This will save tears or disappointment for when they go Trick or Treating
- Remember that your child is attending class, going outside for recess breaks, needing to use the washroom and eating lunch and snacks throughout the day – they need to be able to move comfortably and get out of the costume independently
- Please do not send any props (wands, pitchforks, brooms, etc) and they may be become lost or damaged
- Please do not send your child to school with costumes that impair vision – no masks or full face paint that may get into their eyes throughout the day
- No costumes that scare younger students or go against the teaching of the Catholic Church (violent or sexualized themes, scary clowns, etc)
- If the costume is heavy or warm you may want to send extra clothes – remember that the school day is 6 ½ hours long
As in the past, a great deal of our success is a result of the generosity of our community. One of the motivations for students is the Raffle prizes available on the day of the dance. If you have any items you can donate (small toys, gift certificates, etc) we would truly appreciate it. All donations can be brought to the Office.
Cake and cupcake prizes: Each year we also include a Cake/ cupcake section for our raffle prizes. If you are able to donate a cake or cupcakes for the day – please let Maryann Pierson know (email@example.com).
Students who win Raffle prizes will be sent home with them on Wednesday.
Overall Prize winners will be announced November 5th at our Umbrella Skills Assembly
Early Bird Draw winners:
Congratulations to the following students who won our early Bird draws ($15 gift cards):
Harper in Kindergarten
Joy in Gr 3
Devon in Gr 6
Thelma in Gr 7
St Francis Parish
We are very proud of our partnership with St Francis Parish. In order to continue to build on this relationship, each week we will be providing our community with a link to access the Church Bulletin so you may keep yourself apprised of the many events at the Parish.
Halloween Math WODB
Here’s what is happening at St Paul CES this Week:
- Last day to order Pizza
- Pumpkin Math in Ms. Delooze’s Class
- Gr 1 classes are skating at RIM
- Halloween Dance-a-thon and Spirit Day
- Pizza lunch for those who ordered through Cash Online
- Book Fair Viewing Day – no Purchases